News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

3D Printed WE and other Telephone Company Logos

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, February 25, 2019, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

I got a 3D printer a couple weeks ago,   And I've always wanted a nice Bell System logo for my living room.   

So after an hour and a half or so with TinkerCad,   I came up with this

And it came out beautiful.   Its a 6 inch logo about the max size my 3D Printer will do. 

If anyone wants one let me know and I can print one up for you,   Im going to do all the Bell System Logo's eventually

Key2871

That looks pretty cool, how much would a reprint cost?
KEN

Heres some more pics of other ones ive done. 

We are going to put them in our Etsy Store

We put them in my fiances Etsy Store for easy purchase

They are made to order   $15 for the 2.5 inch diameter ones  $35 for the 6 inch diameter ones.    Free shipping on both. 

The large ones take about 4.5 hours to print and the small ones take about an hour and a half to do.      I can do lots of different colors.   But Bell System blue seems to be the standard. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/yukis3dcreations

Key2871

Why does the large 69 bell have rough choppy Edge's, and the 64 bell looks nice and round?
I've always liked the later bell symbol, over the earlier, but the rounds aren't really all that round compared to the early ones. Is that just the way they come out or was is a scam problem..

Ken
KEN

Just the way it came out,  a light sanding will take care of it :)

Key2871

That's what I thought, strange that the other didn't have that jerky looking border but then again printer servos are not noted for smooth edges when doing that sort of thing.
KEN

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

PLA Plastic  It comes out solid and looks good

Been working more with TinkerCad.    Thought id share some of the progress I've made doing 3D Printed Telephone Company Logos. 

They are coming out nice.  If there is any telco company logos you want to see designed for 3D printing let me know.   Im going to upload all the files to thingiverse so those who have 3D printers can make them. 

Pourme

~

Interesting.....You a learning at a fast pace. Good work. Can the machine be programmed to finish the flat top surface so they won't still show the original surface of the raw materials? Maybe a more polished look.  Corners look smoother here than the first Bell logo you posted. Coming along nicely!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

If you want a super smooth surface,  you have to sand lightly and use body filler.    My next project is to do one with brass filament   Just like some of the old signs were. 

tallrick

I have often thought about making 3d designs so I can vacuum form Bell System illuminated signs.