News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring diagram for Stromberg Carlson Candlestick??

Started by Karen, June 16, 2012, 10:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

Ive never even touched one of these before.  I know nothing about candlesticks.

It has a dial tone, but isnt hanging up.  I can see some dangly wires under there but I dont know what they go to or what I need to do with them.  All Ive done is attach the red and green wall lines.

Anyone know of a wiring schematic I can use? Actually, a pic or or colored diagram is best.... if there is one.

LarryInMichigan

Karen,

The phone needs a subset.  It cannot be connected directly to the phone line.  There are instructions around here somewhere for making a simple "cheater" subset.

Larry

Karen

Really?  I thought you just needed those to make it ring.  I need one to make it work at all?

G-Man

A subset contains the transmission elements such as an induction coil and associated condenser as well as a ringer and its condenser.

Without seeing the overall set it is not possible to i.d. the model but most are very similar and the TCI Library probably has a usable diagram.

Karen

Well maybe i can just use the base from one of my 500s.  Its basically the same thing right?  Plus the phone has no dial on it so I dont even need that part of the 500 base.

LarryInMichigan

You should be able to use the 425B network from a WE 500 if you work out the wiring.

Larry

TelePlay

This should get you started thinking on what may work.

The top diagram in the photo is similar to what you have and shows the subset or network needed to make the phone work. It can be found at the TCI link below.

The bell need not be there for the network to work. As Larry said, a 500 network alone my do the job for you. The network itself can be found at PhoneCoInc at a reasonable price. Others may have better information on its use, if it's compatible.

http://tinyurl.com/d63qgew

. . . this link will take you to the TCI Library. Thanks to remco for this drawing.

G-Man

Quote from: TelePlay on June 17, 2012, 10:42:25 PM

The top diagram in the photo is similar to what you have and shows the subset or network needed to make the phone work. It can be found at the link along with others.

EDIT - Whoops, my mistake! I now see they came from the TCI Library. Without the credits being shown in your post, I did not realize the links took you there.

This is a great diagram! Have you scanned others and are they available?

Thanks

TelePlay

Quote from: G-Man on June 19, 2012, 01:32:18 AM
Quote from: TelePlay on June 17, 2012, 10:42:25 PM

The top diagram in the photo is similar to what you have and shows the subset or network needed to make the phone work. It can be found at the link along with others.

EDIT - Whoops, my mistake! I now see they came from the TCI Library. Without the credits being shown in your post, I did not realize the links took you there.

This is a great diagram! Have you scanned others and are they available?

Thanks

The diagram was downloaded from the TCI library and credit to both TCI and remco have been added to my previous post. Other diagrams are available at the TCI Library. Joining the TCI organization is well worth it to anyone working with phones.