News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATC teledialer 32 manual

Started by Babybearjs, June 04, 2023, 12:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:) well, I'm setting up an old teledialer 32 and can't find the manual I used to have on it concerning the connections. where in the library is it hiding? I can't find it....
John

Kellogg Kitt

A long, long time ago, I had one of these.  Mine was a Teledialer 32T, with tone dialing.  It was black with faux wood paneling.

I remember it had a very strange wiring arrangement.  You could not simply connect it to the line.  I had to hard wire it to the 42A block in series with the telephone set, or something like that.  I can't remember for sure.  I could not have done it without having the manual.

I installed for my grandmother beside her beige Kellogg-ITT 500 set, and she loved it!  I removed it when she moved out of that house.  That was about 40 years ago when I was a teenager, and somehow over the years, it went missing, and I no longer have it.

Wade

paul-f

Quote from: Babybearjs on June 04, 2023, 12:19:32 AM:) well, I'm setting up an old teledialer 32 and can't find the manual I used to have on it concerning the connections. where in the library is it hiding? I can't find it....

Still waiting for your jpg files to add to the Library or for someone else to come forward with a copy.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16031.msg166471#msg166471

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Kellogg Kitt

This is not the manual we are looking for, but may be of interest anyway.

I have been scanning some old bills and documents and happened upon this today in a telephone bill from December 1980.

Wade

Kellogg Kitt

Is the manual still needed?  I just found mine today and can scan it as a PDF if that would be helpful to anyone.  Mine is a 32T, though, not a 32.

Wade

paul-f

Quote from: Kellogg Kitt on June 12, 2023, 10:26:01 AMIs the manual still needed?  I just found mine today and can scan it as a PDF if that would be helpful to anyone.  Mine is a 32T, though, not a 32.

Please do. It would make a good addition to the forum and TCI Library.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Kellogg Kitt

I was not sure of the correct place to post it, so I posted my scan of the manual in the "Wiring Diagrams" section, here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=27636

I wonder how much one of these cost when brand new.  I would think that this technology, especially the tone version, would have been quite expensive in the 1970s.

I bought mine sometime in the early 1980s, secondhand, but in like-new condition.  I cannot remember for sure, but I think I found it in a classified ad in the newspaper.  I was a teenager at the time, so I probably did not pay very much for it.

I was a nice toy for while; I wish I still had it.  I remember being disappointed at the convoluted wiring arrangement.  I expected that it would simply plug in to the line.  It is wired in series before the telephone set, so it was almost necessary to have it hard wired to the 42A block.  I probably could have rigged up something with cords and jacks to make it portable, but I didn't.

Wade

Babybearjs

Got mine up and working! found the information I was looking for and archived it. thank you all for your help!
John