News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Can anyone explain the purpose in this ?

Started by Dan/Panther, June 23, 2009, 02:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Will someone tell me why they did this to the ringers wires ?
The only thing I see is dampened ringers.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Phonesrfun

I don't know who "they" were, but you can bet it was not intended to be that way.  You must have gotten a good laugh at that one.

-Bill
-Bill G

McHeath

Well it's obvious.  By wiring the ringers to their gongs they were hoping to create an endless feedback loop so that they would no longer have to rely on the telephone line for power. 

Or, uh, something like that. 

JorgeAmely

Mc Heath:

Good theory, but the feedback loop won't start until the mounting cord is installed.
Jorge

Stephen Furley

The only 'sensible' reason I can think of is that they wanted to disable the ringer (no bell on/off switch on this model) and that was just a convenient place to 'park' the wires out of the way so that they could be re-connected when required.

McHeath

QuoteGood theory, but the feedback loop won't start until the mounting cord is installed.

Well, see they don't need a mounting cord with this configuration, as the parallel lines are now wired in series with the lateral sensor pallet package and the Heisenberg compensators, so that they gain at least 1.21 gigawatts when they boost the flux capacitor using the Mr. Fusion portable power pack. 

Trouble is that you have the get the darn phone up to 88 mph for the whole thing to work, and that's why this method never caught on. 

Or something like that. ::)

JorgeAmely

Mc Heath:

If the muffler ball bearings are properly lubricated, 55 MPH is plenty speed. I just tried it this afternoon and it worked.

8) (We need a straight face icon)

Jorge

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson