News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericsson DBN 1101 Repair

Started by qwertypo, January 22, 2017, 11:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwertypo

I have two of these phones, one has a cracked handset, and a crack on the cable entry point which is also part of the terminal block... of course that is the one that was sort of working out of the box.

The one with a no cracks has its original IC, capacitor and original wires.  The cracked one has been completely rewired minus the IC, and has a replaced cap, I am trying to get at least one working and clean looking telephone in the end. 

I've swapped around a bunch of parts, and have it close to working, only the transmitter isn't working.   I am wondering if I can rewire it to eliminate the IC just like the other one, or if there is an easier fix. 

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

unbeldi

Quote from: qwertypo on January 22, 2017, 11:46:41 PM
I have two of these phones, one has a cracked handset, and a crack on the cable entry point which is also part of the terminal block... of course that is the one that was sort of working out of the box.

The one with a no cracks has its original IC, capacitor and original wires.  The cracked one has been completely rewired minus the IC, and has a replaced cap, I am trying to get at least one working and clean looking telephone in the end. 

I've swapped around a bunch of parts, and have it close to working, only the transmitter isn't working.   I am wondering if I can rewire it to eliminate the IC just like the other one, or if there is an easier fix. 
"... a bunch of parts...", such as ?

You have a diagram, wire it exactly as shown.

dsk

I have one in working order, mine is made in Norway, so it may have a slightly different wiring diagram. Here are some of the versions: http://tinyurl.com/q2hcpxn 

My guess will be this diagram: 

dsk

dsk

Translated: (partly)