"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

C1 Space Saver Screws

Started by ESalter, March 14, 2011, 03:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESalter

Hi Everyone-

A while back I picked up a very nice WE C1 space saver.  It didn't have a mounting bracket with it, but I got one from another collector a while back.  Here's the problem.  I don't have the screws to mount the bracket to the phone.  I believe they're supposed to be nickel plated brass pan head 8-36 by however long.  It seems to me ANY 8-36 threaded screw(other than socket head cap screws) is virtually unobtainable.  I'm pretty sure the two oval heads that hold the dial neck to the phone are the same thread size, but I could be wrong on that.  I can't be the only one looking for these screws, has anyone else come up with any, or does anyone happen to have a stash of them?

Later-
---Eric

RDP

Found a stainless steel pan head 8-36 Phillip head screws here.

http://tinyurl.com/4onsaf4

jsowers

Eric, have you tried a local mom and pop hardware store? Like an Ace or TrueValue Hardware? Or do you have such a thing? We're lucky to have a TrueValue nearby. Mom is about 92 and pop is 95, I think. Ardell and Edna retired just a few years ago and their children and grandchildren now run the place, but they still have lots of old stock. Take the phone and bracket with you and they'll be glad to help you.
Jonathan