News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Unusual Galion

Started by Mark Stevens, September 17, 2008, 07:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stevens

There's a very strange North Electric Galion on eBay, and I wondered if anyone knows about these. It's not the first one I've seen, so I know it's not someone's science project. (although it does have a certain Flash Gordon look to it)

Note:  Our Ivory AE contest phone is being auctioned by the same seller as this Galion!
- Auction Page - ( dead link 03-14-21 )

Dennis Markham

I have no clue other than to say the toggle switch appears to be one of those spring loaded jobs....maybe an intercom phone.  Toggle one way for in-coming, toggle the other way for outgoing???  Just a guess.  Interesting looking phone though.  You mentioned Flash Gordon, my first thought was something out of the Twilight Zone.  :)

McHeath

Love this phone!  Big goofy lights, a hand toggle, all it needs is a large lever on the side in chrome to finish off the Buck Rogers look.

mienaichizu

Quote from: Mark Stevens on September 17, 2008, 07:38:07 AM
There's a very strange North Electric Galion on eBay, and I wondered if anyone knows about these. It's not the first one I've seen, so I know it's not someone's science project. (although it does have a certain Flash Gordon look to it)

Note:  Our Ivory AE contest phone is being auctioned by the same seller as this Galion!
- Auction Page -

looks kinda scary, hahaha...., this phone reminds me of a Frankenstein movie