News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I hope this wasnt an original telephone that was butchered

Started by bakerbrett741, November 12, 2011, 02:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Fortunately, it was never a real phone. but plenty of them have been turned into radios, and candlesticks into lamps and on and on.  This one, however, is just a radio cabinet made to look like an old phone.
-Bill G

AE_Collector

<For future reference once the ebaY listing is gone>

For sale is an antique Guild Radio & Television Co. Country Belle Superheterodyne Radio Receiver, Model 556.  This tube radio has been tested and is 100% functional.  It tunes in stations as it should and the volume works fine, as does the tone knob.  This novelty phone has a wooden body and the finish has light scattered scuffs and light scratches, but the imperfections are very minor.  All the printed text is in great shape and readable (as pictured).  The brass still shines with a few spots of dullness from age.  The cast iron hardware has very mild scuffs from storage and handling, but still looks great.  The phone cording is in excellent condition and also looks fantastic.  The electrical wiring and tubes are in good condition but I neglected to take photos while I had it open.  The manufacturer's label on the back has been completely removed.  This is truly a special piece.