"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello all!

Started by Tonyrotary, August 27, 2009, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

Hi Guys

It has been awhile but I am finally home from deployment. Been home a few days already and it has been great! Finally got to see all the phones I bought! Already started cleaning some of them up a bit and doing a check to make sure they all work. Good news is they do. Some of the phones need some work and am looking foward to that.

One of the phones is a GTE wall Starlite phone that is in great shape except for the dial. The plastic dial has some cracks and needs to be replaced. Anyone know the procedure? Also where to get a dial?

The phone that needs the most work is the WE 302. But it still is in decent shape for it's age. It does have the all too familiar crack in the left front corner and some minor dings and scuffs. Also the number 1 on the dial is about completely worn. Other than that I love it! It's nice to be able to be back on the forums again.

McHeath

Welcome back.  Put up some pics when you get a chance as we all enjoy seeing the details.  I had no doubt that they all worked, your phones, as they always do it seems. 

Dennis Markham

Welcome home Tony!  Glad you're back in one piece.

I'm not sure where to send you for the Starlite finger wheel.  I guess I'd start with Oldphoneworks or Phoneco.  If you're a member of one of the clubs, post it there.  Someone's bound to have one.

bwanna

donna

foots

Welcome back. Have any pictures of your Starlite?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Tonyrotary

Thanks guys,

Dennis, I checked the website on oldphone works and nothing. Will have to check the other site. Not a big priority right now but hopefully will find one. The phone is in excellent shape otherwise.

Foots, will have to take a picture of it and post it soon.

Tonyrotary

Foots,

Here is the pic of the phone. Sorry not used to taking pics, so quality kinda bad.

mienaichizu

foots

Thanks for the picture. I have a light green one with an ivory cover (square thing under the dial) and the same color wall plate. I really like the Starlite phones, both desk and wall sets. I find that the sound from the reciever is loud and the sound quality is very good, and those dials are smooth.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Tonyrotary

Yes the dial is really smooth and the sound quality is good. Of course I tested the phone when I got home ;D.

Dennis, thanks for the tip about checking Phoneco, they have the dial for $3.00. Just replied to their email to ask how to order it.

Bill Cahill

;D  "Welcome back. Your dreams were your ticket out."
Anyone remember Welcome back Kotter?
Welcome back, Tony, the the Rotary Phones sweathogs.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dennis Markham

John Sebastian and the Lovin' Spoonful.  (Welcome Back Kotter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU