News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

contempra test set schematic

Started by Babybearjs, December 29, 2018, 04:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:'( well... My neighbor gave me a bunch of his dads old telephone stuff and among them was a comtempra test set. I took the unit apart for cleaning but can't find the Canadian practice on this unit. Paul Fassbender had a picture of it on his website at one point, couldn't find that either... wasn't in the "Butt-Set" section of his website..  anyway, I need the schematic to it to put it back together...
John

paul-f

John,

It helps to know that the set is coded QSE4. I refreshed my memory by looking in the NE Card Catalog under handsets:    http://telephonecollectors.info/doc/NEC0_Catalog_Cards/H/HANDSETS.PDF

Then using QSE4 as a search term, no references were found in the main library. A Google site search produced references in the INBOX.

So, if you go directly to the INBOX and do a Control-F search for QSE4, you'll find the Canadian Practices, including schematic.

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

Thank you! now that I know the model Number, I can find it faster!
John

Babybearjs

I did a general search with the part number, nothing came up. there is nothing in the library and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I checked all the CA practices and the test set is not in any of the files that I could find... anyone know something I don't?? my specific model number is a QSE4G1X. all I found was the card entry for the description of the phone set, not the schematic!
John

paul-f

See the previous post above.

Items in the INBOX do not show up in Basic or Advanced searches -- but they do show up in Google Site searches.

The INBOX is found from a link on the left of every Library page.

Here's a hotlink: https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/tci-library-inbox
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

the schematic covers the A and B series only. I have a G series set.
John

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 30, 2018, 09:15:38 PM
the schematic covers the A and B series only. I have a G series set.
Did you try? Many times a close drawing is a close enough guide.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Babybearjs

yeh, I followed the schematic as best as I could. the problem was versions A and B have additional wiring. so I wired it up as best I could and it worked but with a very faint signal. that's why I need the schematic showing version G, because that's the unit I Have. I'm missing something somewhere with the information I currently have, so I put the tester away for now. hopefully the right schematic will show up and I can fix the darned thing!
John