News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1963 turquoise ?

Started by bushman, May 12, 2010, 10:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

I am a little confused. On Paul f's website it reads that Turquoise -64 was new in 1964. But I have an all original 1963 that the 7c dial is clearly marked 7c 64 6 63. Does that mean it was released in 63 or is it like cars, built in 63 but marketed in 64?  I found this when I was trying to figure out how I know what color phone I was actually looking at bidding on. (All of the yellow 500's look different depending on camera, lighting, ect. ect.)

Bushman

Dennis Markham

Looks like a 7C dial dated June of 1963 with a color code for Turquoise to me.  I'm sure Paul will be interested in seeing your photo/dial.

Dan/Panther

Boy that Turquoise 64, vs. 63/62 is popping up regular now.
I hope that it's just a gap in documentation, and not an actual discrepancy, that would be terrible.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 12, 2010, 11:04:36 PM
Boy that Turquoise 64, vs. 63/62 is popping up regular now.
I hope that it's just a gap in documentation, and not an actual discrepancy, that would be terrible.

D/P

I think Paul tries to publish dates based on "paper" he does mention exceptions from the listserver info.

Over the years I have found a few minor exceptions to published info.

1957 Pronged G handsets are 1 exception. I think they pulled the molds out of mothballs in 1957 do to need.

The only year I have found these outside of Paul's list are on several 1957 handsets. ISTR that you also have 1.

JIm
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

Jim;
Yes I do have one with the early configuration.
Does Paul update with asterisks to denote that some exception have been found as far as XXXX ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

Jim is correct.  The charts are currently based on the earliest reported occurrence in marketing literature.

It also makes sense to capture and track the earliest date found on a set, as it's a different and also interesting fact.

I'll add dates with source credit for the earliest sets we find.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line