News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Stromberg Carlson's

Started by GusHerb, March 17, 2010, 11:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusHerb

I'm posting here is my Stromberg-Carlson phone's including my VERY first rotary phone which is the Stromberg 1543 pictured there.
I got it May 14th 2004 - my birthday, haha my 10th birthday actually. I couldn't have been more excited, was more exciting then christmas day even! I had NEVER used a rotary phone in my life before that one.
At the time I wanted a rotary phone that was refurbished to mint condition already, so I picked one of the companies online that specializes in just that. I could have picked a W.E. 500, I don't remember exactly why but I picked the 1543 instead.
So after I received my very first rotary phone I went on to watch the Andy Griffith show that used to come on at 10:30 AM on one of our local stations.... of course I had the phone in my lap and was playing with it still, NO WAY was I gonna put that thing down! I used to watch all the old shows on TV as at the time a new station started that airs ONLY old TV show's, and of course I watched those shows partly to see the OLD PHONES!! LOL.

The yellow Stromberg 500 is my newest rotary phone actually, it was made 4-83. The white one I don't exactly remember when that was made.
My 2 pink 1654's were both Ebay finds and one was made in 7-68 and the other was made on 2-70.
Jonathan

stopthemachine

Nice selection of phones!

I have an awesome collection of SC 1543 phones, and I LOVE them. 

I have just about every color--I think there is a small, loyal group of SC 1543 fans out there who nab them from eBay at every opportunity. 

I still need a light gray and a brown. 

My 1543 phones-- red, yellow, light blue (2), dark blue, pink (2), dark gray, white, ivory, light beige, dark beige, green, black (of course--one with the wall-phone making "crab claw" attachments)...I will have to check to see if I'm forgetting any!  Haha.  I have a few 1553 (wall) phones as well-- green, yellow, light gray, and black. 

I don't have the "mini wall" rotary sets, but I think that was a pretty ingenious move by Stromberg-Carlson since they had access to the WE patents. 

Sadly, I believe that 1966 is the year that SC stopped making its 1500 series of phones, but at least they were a late hold-out!   :)

Try to grab all the color 1500 series phones--they rule!