"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pvt-telco's Collection

Started by southernphoneman, March 22, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Quote from: Contempra on December 06, 2013, 09:31:59 PM
Nice lot of fun (phone) :D.. now I think about the shipping... ;)

"Shipping: FREE   Standard Shipping"

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Lucky man.........FREE shipping....

Contempra

Nice piece  Gregg, this phone has a  modular plug ? I don,t know this sort of phone.

Contempra

it looks like an old 554 wall phone with push button if i'm not wrong..correct me;)

poplar1

Western Electric, ITT and Stromberg-Carlson 2554s are sometimes called "Mini-Wall." They are actually closer to the design of a Princess than to a 554. The first WE 1554s (10-button Touch-Tone) used the same M1A ringer and 4010 network developed for the Princess. Both these parts are smaller than the C4 ringer and 425 network found in a 554.

S-C and ITT made a rotary version of the Mini-Wall, but WE did not. NE/NT never made any Mini-Walls. Northern Electric/Northern Telecom 2554 uses the same chassis as a 554. ITT and S-C also made a large version Touch-Tone wall phone similar to the NE/NT 2554, but used a different code number such as 3554.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

I've never seen one with my eyes, that's why i asked if i'm wrong  David ;).. Thank you very much Gregg and David

southernphoneman

Here is a western electric 202 that I just bought from our good friend Doug Rose, it is a manual and it will have a rotary added to it and will be restored. parts of the purchase included a 534 subset also shown here.after restoration I will post another photo of it, Gregg

Doug Rose

Gregg.....Merry Christmas ....many thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Contempra

it looks nice Gregg and i'm sure you'll take care of this phone . what's the year of your phone Gregg ?

southernphoneman

Quote from: Contempra on December 18, 2013, 10:26:25 PM
it looks nice Gregg and i'm sure you'll take care of this phone . what's the year of your phone Gregg ?
First off thanks to Ben for his comment and to Doug Rose for his merry Christmas wish and Denis the phone is from 1934.

Southernphoneman

Here is a recent purchase, and this type of 500,labled a 500 T as seen in the 1st photo from 4/52 which is all original but the handset cord had to be replaced.

Contempra

Hey !,.. looks like mine Gregg :)..

Contempra

Nice one PVT.. If i'm not wrong , just a missing piece to add on the dial and it'll be complete at first glance  ;)

Doug Rose

Hey Gregg....welcome back, you have been missed....Doug
Kidphone

Pvt-telco

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 04, 2017, 08:04:24 PM
Hey Gregg....welcome back, you have been missed....Doug

Thank you Doug, it is great to be back, and thank you for your very kind comments. :)