"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 12/62 564H+

Started by Pourme, December 23, 2017, 10:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL_as_needed

No problem!

I had a thought while snacking (when I do my best  ;)) Is there anyway you could make a new clear plate out of thin acrylic sheeting? Granted it would be difficult to get 100% accurate, but might be easier than tracking down a replacement for the time being.
TWinbrook7

Pourme

Quote from: AL_as_needed on January 01, 2018, 03:36:25 PM
No problem!

I had a thought while snacking (when I do my best  ;)) Is there anyway you could make a new clear plate out of thin acrylic sheeting? Granted it would be difficult to get 100% accurate, but might be easier than tracking down a replacement for the time being.

I would think that would be possible to do.  I would think the equipment to properly and accurately cut it would be the issue. Edges aren't crisp right angles but, rounded and smooth, etc. Perhaps 3D printing would be the answer?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Pourme

Quote from: david@london on December 25, 2017, 10:24:43 AM
benny -

here's a pdf of a scan of a designation card you could print out (below).
like Al, i wasn't much of a fan of these keysets in the past, but they're now definitely on the 'would like' list.

David,
It's always difficult for me to take a PDF like you shared and print it the proper size I can use. This time was the exception. I printed it full size from the PDF, put it into the printer and reprinted it at 49%, trimmed it and it was perfect! I did try it first at 50% and it was a tick too large.

Thanks for the link, it looks great!

Benny
Benny

Babybearjs

Benny, nice phone. I have one just like it, in green, and even beige... the phone uses #51 lamps for the lamp strip. Most of the time you can find them on ebay, but lately I've noticed not a lot of them being listed. you might be able to use #12 ESB lamps, but they are a bit longer and don't always fit the phone. they also now have LED bulb replacements for these phones... in assorted colors too...(red, green, blue, amber, white) you'll have to do some searching on the web for those, I have seen them, but can't remember who sold them.... as for the extra wires, they probably are for the Exclusion key (optional item) good luck with the phone... I love mine... my beige one is NOS from ITT and I love it....
John

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Pourme on January 01, 2018, 03:57:54 PM
I would think that would be possible to do.  I would think the equipment to properly and accurately cut it would be the issue. Edges aren't crisp right angles but, rounded and smooth, etc. Perhaps 3D printing would be the answer?

I have always wondered about the trouble I could get myself into with a 3D printer, whipping up parts for this and that... You do at least have the original as a template. I'm sure if you used jewelers files or similar, you could make a passable attempt a t rounding the edges. Or leave them straight as cut. That way it still serves as a decent stand in. Although if making new ones could be perfected, there would be a small market for them for sure.
TWinbrook7

AE_Collector

Most keysets, even AE's seemed to have provision for a bulb in the hold button but I know if no use for it other than it is essentially a spare bulb holder for the phones line key lamps.

Terry

Babybearjs

I use mine for power indication. that way I know the unit is working... the hold key light was originally used for message waiting purposes... in a large setup, the secretary would have a 10/20 lamp panel that they could set individual phones on MW status...
John

poplar1

Quote from: Pourme on January 01, 2018, 11:35:33 AM

Edit: BTW what are those taped off wires likely to be?

Benny

These are the B (Balance) leads for 1A Key for lines 2-5.
In 1A1 or 1A2 Key, only one A1 lead is needed regardless of the number of lines. However, with the older 1A Key, a B lead is needed for each line.

Y (Yellow) = A1 for all lines or B for 1st line
BR-R (Brown-Red) = B for 2nd line
BR-BL (Brown-Blue) = B for 3rd line
R-BK (Red-Black) = B for 4th line
GN-BK (Green-Black) = B for 5th line
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Pourme

Lot of valuable information here, both for myself and others now and as a reference for future key phone users...thanks everyone!

Benny
Benny

Babybearjs

you're welcome! be sure to checkout the TCI library... all the information you could ever need on telephones... www.telephonecollectors.org (or is it .com??) oh well... anyway check it out!
John

david@london

benny -
it looks great.

have you tried phonecoinc.com for the numbercard cover? it might be worth emailing.

Pourme

Quote from: david@london on January 02, 2018, 01:16:07 PM
benny -
it looks great.

have you tried phonecoinc.com for the numbercard cover? it might be worth emailing.

No I haven't... thanks I'll take a look!
Benny

Babybearjs

go through old phone works, they have better prices.
John