News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pictures from Rotor Payphone Urmet Typ Rotor 2 OV

Started by TeleDK, May 14, 2019, 09:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeleDK

Pictures from my Rotor 2 with a over voice modem with doubles cardreader.
This modell is not useable because the phone need a background-system, this use the over voice frequency band.

A usable Rotor on a normal analog POTS line is usable with a Software for Rotor 1 and a normal line interaface.

RB

andre_janew

That's probably because it uses credit and debit cards.  The last of the payphones used credit and debit cards as well as coins.

TeleDK

Yes he toks cards and coins, but the card reader is not working.

There are two typs of Rotor phones in italy:

First one is only for coins "Lira" (it accepts also Gettoni token from italy) and was connected  to a analog line with polarity reversel for the cash signal.

The second Rotor is an payphone with dataconnection as overvoice on the analog line, for the cards accepting and for the phone management. These phones could not connected to a exchange because the overvoice data connection is needed. So the phone did not get these information, it will not work.

My phone is a Overvoice Rotor 2 and I have changed some parts to Rotor 1. In that case the cardreader could not connected to the Rotor 1 motherboard on the backplane. These I have cange. And the software also is to change. Than you can use the phone. For collect money you have to build a polarity changer in case of get an connect, than the coin will fallen in the cash-container.

If someone need some information, I can help you.