"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg 900 Pyramid?

Started by MagicMo, March 19, 2013, 09:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hi All,
I saw this beautiful phone on EBay and had to have it! I may have paid too much but this phone is so cool looking to me. I paid $51. The seller did not know what kind of phone it was. My guess is it is a Kellogg 900 Pyramid Phone. Am I correct? Did I overpay?
Thanks
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

Dan

You got a good deal. It is a 900 Kellogg masterphone aka Pyramid. I have one and the bells ring on  my landline. They are from the 1930's (peak art deco period)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HarrySmith

Nice phone Mo! You don't have enough phones yet? Be sure to contact the seller with expicit packing instructions! That is a fragile phone that will break easily!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

I watched the last minutes of that auction.  These phones are very stylish but incredibly breakable.  I have three shells, one with a complete network and ringer, but all three have chips, and one has big cracks.  Many of these were made with no internal parts other than the hook switch to be used with a magneto subset.  This one appears to be a CB version with the internal network and ringer.

Larry

MagicMo

I already contacted the seller regarding packing it.
And no, a girl can never have enough of two things: phones and chocolate. Im going to celebrate with a Hershey bar. :D
Thanks
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

cloyd

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on March 19, 2013, 09:18:05 PM
I watched the last minutes of that auction.  These phones are very stylish but incredibly breakable.  I have three shells, one with a complete network and ringer, but all three have chips, and one has big cracks.  Many of these were made with no internal parts other than the hook switch to be used with a magneto subset.  This one appears to be a CB version with the internal network and ringer.

Larry

Hey Larry, what is a CB version?  I have a beautiful K900 with nothing inside but maybe the hookswitch.  I think it is a 900a.  Do you know more about the different models?  Is there a 900b, for example.  Would you want to sell me your complete phone?  I would even let you keep the shell!  Or maybe you have a 700 subset I could convince you to part with.... :)
cloyd
cloyd
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885