Main Menu

What else do you guys collect?

Started by Steve, December 22, 2008, 10:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

And some more........

RDPipes

And just a few more.
Sadly most of my small appliance photos were deleted after sold so they are lost to history among many other collections that were sold off years ago.

RDPipes

If you noticed there's a couple of heater fans among these, heaters I also collected a little of too and here's some more attachment plugs.

Hill Haven Telephone Company

Being raised in Michigan,  and growing up with a family that ran a snowmobile racing magazine and is heavily involved in Vintage Snowmobiles,  I collect unqiue vintage snowmobiles. 

I have my Grandpas 1971 Yamaha GP396,   a 73 Raider 34TT and a 74 Arctic Cat Lynx 295 Wankel., 

First pic is my old Polcat,  on the left,  it was a 73 Arctic Cat Lynx with a big mouth hood and a 440 polaris engine with a hacked up straight pipe,  Was a rat rod and rode it till the drive cogs disentegrated at an event. had a whole 50 bucks into that sled.   The green thing next to it was an old 74 Panther VIP. hydrostatic drive,  won the butt ugliest sled 2 years in a row at an event. 

My grandpas 71 Yamaha GP396 right after the restoration.  This is the only one in the collection that is pristine.   My grandma sold it in the late 70s after my grandpa had a stroke.  Im at a swap meet and go oooh a gp396,  bought it,  pulled out the old track to put a new one in.  lookin gunder the tunnel was my grandpas initials and drivers license number and old address engraved in it.  She came back to the family

My 73 Raider 34TT 340CC twin track built right in Capac michigan.  Its a blast to ride not  so much fun to get unstuck in deep snow though :P

My 74 Lynx 295cc Wankel,  rotary motor.   This one i nabbed at a swap meet for 50 bucks.  and got it home,  bpassed the kill switch and she fired right up.  The engine is made by Sachs,  they also made a 303 wankel and rotariy motors for lawn mowers. 

And the last pic is of me on the end on the Kitty kat when i was just a young one.  Right on the track.  I still race now and then in the vintage races.  Its alot of fun. 

I also collect oddball unix systems.   I have a Tandy 6000HD which needs a new hard drive for it.  they have a SD card adapter for it but its above my pay grade lol.   Was the first computer used to send and recieve email in my county