News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help with a Century Stick

Started by Doug Rose, December 17, 2015, 12:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I picked this up five years ago at a Flea Market for $10 and it is just sitting on a shelf in the dungeon. Paint is good and a nice Century brass plaque. It needs a female mouth piece. Anyone have any ideas where to find one? I'd just like to fix it up for display. It looks like a late run stick, but it is just a guess...Doug
Kidphone

wds

I like those Century sticks.  I have half a dozen Federals, but only one Century.  Those mouthpieces are usually easy to find on Ebay.  That receiver arm doesn't look right though.  Have you had the phone apart to see what's going on with that arm?
Dave

Doug Rose

Hey Dave....arm moves up and down as it should. I have not had it apart. Home on disability for a few weeks. Acute Achilles Hamstring strain. Basically, I can't walk.  If Janet knew I was downstairs,  I'd be in a world of trouble. Thanks for the advice om the MP, I will check eBay....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Dave...I should have realized that as Century and Federal are both from up State NY and this came with a unmarked shorty receiver that looks just like a Federal. ..Doug
Kidphone

wds

those shorty's are expensive, and I've never seen one marked before.  I've managed to put shorty's on all my federals and century, but I don't think I've ever paid less than $60 for one.  I think you bought one of my shorty shells a while back. 

All of my Federals have bakelite mouthpieces, but my Century has a metal mouthpiece.  first time I've seen a metal federal/century mouthpiece.
Dave

Mr. Bones

Very cool and admirable phone, Doug. Please. keep us posted as to progress.

I send my most sincere wishes for a full and speedy recovery from the hitch in your git' along. ;)

Best regards, as always, my Friend!

Bones
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Doug Rose

thanks Bones...I do appreciate it my friend...Doug
Kidphone