News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

If you could keep just ONE phone...

Started by finlover, October 14, 2010, 09:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finlover

I'm sure this question has been posed before, but please humor me.  Thank goodness this is only hypothetical, but mine would have to be my red '55 500.  It's not the rarest or most valuable in my collection, but the one that evokes the strongest emotional response in me, who knows why. 

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Russ Kirk

My NE 233 payphone
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dave F

Not a pleasant situation to contemplate, but it would have to be my AUTOVON Card Dialer.

Adam

If I had to pick, I think it would be this one.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

cchaven

It'd either be my 1937 302 or my 1959 Charcoal Ericfon, both because neither one is common.   All of my other telephones, such as the 202,500CD, 20AL and such are much more common than either of these.

Jeff

finlover

WOW!!  The early handset really transforms the look of that 302--I love it!

Dennis Markham

It's nothing pretty, nothing fancy, nothing rare.....but my April 1955 Model 500 was born on the same day I was.  It is dated 4-22-55, even the 3rd shift.  I was born just before midnight on that Friday.  It sits on the night stand along side my bed.

Dave F

Quote from: Russkirk on October 14, 2010, 09:43:44 PM
My NE 233 payphone
Very nice payphone - I really like it.  Is that a Postpay instruction card on top of a Prepay phone?!  I mean, is that a dial-tone-first instruction card on top of a dime-first payphone?!

Dennis Markham

All of the phones so far are very nice.  I like the red 10-button...and Greg's 500...and the pay phone...oh and the 302 with the E1 handset, and Dave's phone..........I look forward to seeing the others phones too.

Kenny C

either the 302 or this
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

My birthday phone.
Jorge

finlover

I think that makes us favorite phone buddies, Jorge! :)

easytiger

That's like a Sophie's Choice...

Definitely a choice with more emotional value than monetary, it would be the old faithful ivory 302 standing guard on the nightstand for years containing the wires through which some of my most important conversations have passed...pillow talk, good news and bad...

...but don't tell the other phones.
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

Kenny C

Oh my another colored set  >:( ;) I have got to get one
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010