Main Menu

Rose Beige?

Started by AET, November 30, 2009, 10:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

- Tom

JorgeAmely

Tom:

The top right is a beige phone, but from Automatic Electric. It is a model AE80. Color code is 10. Welcome to the AE Ownership club.
Jorge

AET

Ha, I guess you're right.  I didn't even see the little triangles.  Dang :( I was very excited about that one.  Maybe next time.
- Tom

Dan

Tom, I have bought six AE 80's in the past three months. You will learn to appreciate them. The soft plastic ones are built like tanks (I have a red and a black) and the housings are thick (more sturdy than western electrics). You have the rose beige version. I have one of these too.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

I'm not an AE hater.  I like all good ol' American Rotaries, I just thought I had found a really good deal, but just goes to show that when it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Tom

bingster

Ahh, not so, Grasshopper!  Many a rare phone has been found in auctions like this one.  You just have to familiarize yourself with the little clues to be able to quickly spot them.  That'll come in time, you'll see.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Yes Bingster, for example that Mahogany 554 I got when I bought a lot of 6 wall phones.  That was just dumb luck, but it flew below the radar screen of the collectors.  Although I know other collectors have a Mahogany 554, I've never seen another on eBay.  There are plenty of brown IT&T 554s, but the Mahogany W.E.'s are few and far between.