News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Seaman Recruit AOE4

Started by AOE4, December 28, 2012, 03:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AOE4

Dave..that's me ;) new member.Nice to find a place where I can learn how to restore my old AE 40.I have a background in electromechanical work, IC2 on board the USS Detroit, many years maintaining strowger switches for General Telephone and a few years as a cable splicer.The old rotary phone are fascinating, so well built unlike the crap they have today :P looking forward to having some help with this hobby.
SPQR

AE_Collector

"Welcome Aboard" AOE4!

Lots of friendly help available with phones around here. Where did you work for GTE?

Terry

DavePEI

Welcome, Dave, from another Dave!

Nice to see new members joining. I think you will find this is a friendly, fun and educational forum to belong to! There are members interested in just about every facet of telephone collecting, including switching!

We look forward to seeing your posts!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AOE4

thanks for the welcome, I was employed by GTE at Covina, La Puente and out at the San Fernando Ca. yard as a splicer.I knew my days were numbered when I witnessed huge piles of Strowger switches piled up in the parking lot at one of the offices :'(
SPQR

AE_Collector

Yeah, I've seen too much of that myself. Scrap metal bins full to overflowing wit hStrowger equipment after cutovers to newer electronic stuff. Crossbar racks as well and even #1EAX frames stacked like cordwood in the parking lot of a CO that wasn't even built until 1975.

Terry

AOE4

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 29, 2012, 01:48:16 AM
Yeah, I've seen too much of that myself. Scrap metal bins full to overflowing wit hStrowger equipment after cutovers to newer electronic stuff. Crossbar racks as well and even #1EAX frames stacked like cordwood in the parking lot of a CO that wasn't even built until 1975.

Terry
I was given a choice, train to be a cable splicer or be downsized ,I chose cable splicer.Commuted 150 miles a day to work in the barrio, yeah! I am hispanic and even then it was tense., that sucked :-X went back to school to be a Respiratory therapist, I liked GTE however my time was up.
SPQR