News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Okay, what the heck is this??

Started by finlover, December 19, 2009, 09:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finlover

Never heard of a Star phone before.  Sure looks cool.  Is it Russian maybe?  Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one--quick, somebody talk me out of it! ;D
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-STAR-PHONE-TELEPHONE-UNUSED_W0QQitemZ270459469728QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef8a3ffa0
( dead link 08-09-21 )

dsk

Nice design, the seller has other phones too, (and a lot of other stuff)
Would the Russians have used the name including "phone"?

By my opinion it is expensive, so I will not bid on this. Good luck!

dsk

JorgeAmely

finlover: Don't buy it. (Did that help?)
Jorge

McHeath

It's pretty cool, and look to be in good shape and is a neat color.  I can see how it would be tempting. 

Dennis Markham

It reminds me of an old Hudson automobile.  If you are going to regret it when someone else pushes the button, go for it. 

Dan/Panther

Fin;
Buy it, You won't gewt another chance soon. If nothing else you'll have a gray F1 Handset ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

I like it. If it was at a phone show for $100, I would probably buy it.  If I had my stash of phone cash built up and was itching to add to my collection I would buy it.  It may be more of an intercom or radio-dispatch phone ect.. than an extension.

The price may seem  a little high now, but It is an unusual phone and you will probably regret not buying it. Sometimes it is best to pay a little bit more and own it, than keeping your cash and kicking yourself later.

My advice is to not to read my post if you are hoping to be talked out of purchasing it.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bingster

This looks like the shell of the colored phones that Ramil has found.  Very cool.  My guess is they're Japanese, as his are.  I saw those auctions, and thought they were cool.  He has some sort of controllers for them, too.
= DARRIN =

JorgeAmely

This gray phone with the red star and triangle reminds me of a seller that had once a dragon sticker on the side of a red WE500 set. He also had a black set with a red dragon sticker also.

Same guy perhaps?  ??? ??? ???
Jorge

HobieSport

Quote from: bingster
This looks like the shell of the colored phones that Ramil has found.  Very cool.  My guess is they're Japanese, as his are.  I saw those auctions, and thought they were cool.  He has some sort of controllers for them, too.

Yes, I would ask Ramil about it. It looks like a Japanese made NEC.
-Matt

jiggerman

I've never had any regrets about buying something..... just regrets from not buying !!! At the end of the year you won't be any richer or poorer if you buy it and you'll still have the phone!!! Jiggerman

bellsystemproperty

I wouldn't buy it, it seems overpriced, especially without a dial. Use the money and get a PBX (they're a lot of fun).

bwanna

do you want it ???   yes ;D
will you have to use the grocery money to buy it ???   no ;)

BUY IT :o

like jiggerman, have never had buyer's remorse. have on many occasions regretted passing on something 8)
donna

bellsystemproperty

but... but a PBX is so much more fun  ;D

AET

I lost three auctions today because they came due after I had left for work, so I had to bid early.  I was pretty sad when I got home  :(
- Tom