News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ultimate Compound

Started by 19and41, March 12, 2015, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

I bought a bottle of this as a last ditch to bring up a gloss on a truck I had bought.  It worked so well, I tried it on the painted surfaces of my Edison cylinder phonograph.  It brought up a gloss like it was freshly finished.  Knowing that older phones have a similar painted finish, I thought I would let you know about it. 

Meguiar's G17216 Ultimate Compound
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

To be honest, I have never touched any of my phones with Novus or any other polishing product (except for Brasso for my metal parts), I have used this stuff from the very start. I get the bottles at Walmart, which cost about half as much as a bottle of Novus, IIRC.

I have gone through about ten bottles over the course of my hobby, and it hasn't let me down yet! Definitely recommended by me!!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

When I used it on the painted surfaces of my cylinder player I checked the cloth for any black residue from the black paint as I do with any abrasive.  Even with the nice shine I got from it, it was only a light brown, indicating it was only getting surface dirt, which was what I was hoping for.  It even did a really nice job in it's intended task on my truck.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke