News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Easi Clean Chrome finger Wheel

Started by Doug Rose, February 16, 2010, 06:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Collectors....ever seen on of there? An easi clean for a Western Electric dial. Has 1-0 engraved on the fingerwheel. I've seen them for the AE dial, but NEVER for the WE dial.  Sorry for the picture, the flash was playing havoc with it....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Doug:

If not mentioned in a BSP, it is possible that someone with a creative mind and a CNC machine did it instead of watching TV for a few hours.
Jorge

Greg G.

Dumb question - What's it's purpose?  By "easi-clean", I assume it's used for cleaning, but I'm not sure how exactly it's suppposed to be used.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Wallphone

Briny, It's easier to clean the dial plate under it, not the finger wheel.
This is because the area is wide open for your cleaning rag as you turn the wheel.
Dougpav

Doug Rose

Quote from: JorgeAmely on February 16, 2010, 07:09:02 PM
Doug:

Jorge....If not mentioned in a BSP, it is possible that someone with a creative mind and a CNC machine did it instead of watching TV for a few hours.
If this was not done professionally, I'd be amazed. Nice soft corners, nothing sharp, perfect chrome/nickel and the tiny numbers engraved in it. Perfect fit. I wish i had more....Doug
Kidphone