News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

la phone?

Started by mienaichizu, March 01, 2013, 12:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

another offer came to my inbox but I don't know much about this payphone.

does anyone here know about this phone?

MagicMo

It's big, red and cool! ;)
Practice Kindness :)

twocvbloke

The only thing I know about those is they work in a similar manner to my BT "Moneybox" payphone, drop in a coin, dial the number, wait for them to answer, press the button when they do and talk, don't know anything else about it... :D

Might be made in china though, so if it's going really cheap, it could be an interesting play-project... :D

G-Man

There were several dozen manufacturers of this type of payphone. They were marketed to the "I wanna get rich too" types who thought owning payphones would be like getting "Manna from Heaven."

Unfortunately, most often the only ones who realized any riches were those who were selling them to  unsuspecting and very gullible investors.  Most were preprogrammed using eproms.

They were made in the style of the earlier typical Japanese desk top payphones of the '60s & '70s. Most or all of the domestic Japanese and export models were made by the Japanese company Tamura Electric.

Other than their outward appearance they did not share in any of the technology the latter generation used and were distributed in the United States by ITT and Tamara's instruments were also popular in South America and other export markets around the globe.  There should be a practice for the ITT version in the TCI Library.

Jim Stettler

I saw a Rotary metal KelloggITT set from 1969. it took Canadian coins.
Last year I bought a 3 slot at the KS show. It was a show donation and I won it for less than $20.00
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.