News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What am I looking for????

Started by AMCer, August 01, 2015, 07:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Being similar in content/context to the original question that started this topic, how does this item compare? Is this a call blocker and a dial-gizmo (seller states a rotary dial can be used and the pulses converted to tones - ? ? ?  "It can even translate rotary dialed digits into touch tones while on a call!" ? ? ? - is that dial-gizmo rich?)

It's a complex item priced at about $120. With everything going on with it, could this be a call blocker, of sorts, and a dial-gizmo?

www.tel-lynx.com

www.tel-lynx.com/html/compare.php

Greg G.

Quote from: AMCer on August 02, 2015, 08:59:44 AM
.. what I want...  Calls come into an automated attendant and then the caller has to listen to the message and press the correct extension number to have the call completed.

Our phone company has various screening features included in the package that work like that.  We don't even have that particular feature turned on, just the call screening feature that displays the callers phone number.  We don't get many junk calls and the ones we do get usually disconnect before the answering machine kicks in.  If they don't and leave one of those annoying dial tone messages, I block the number.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Bill

I would like to build something similar, but much much simpler. Nothing automatic, no response based on caller ID or Area Code - just a simple push button. I will record the 3-tone not-in-service SIT sequence, and when Caller ID shows me a number that I don't like, I will simply push the button to play the SIT tones. My only question is whether the tones should be played BEFORE I pick up the phone (before the line has been seized), or immediately AFTER I pick up the phone (meaning that the line has been seized and the caller knows it).

It seems to me that most of the problems with these call blocking devices comes from trying to automate the process, keep lists up to date, sort out area codes, and so forth. I am willing to do this part manually.

Anyone? Thanks.

Bill

andre_janew

My friend has call forwarding.  When he doesn't want to be disturbed, he has his calls forwarded to a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service,  That seems to get rid of a lot of telemarketers!

19and41

I've used one of these for about 5 years now and it has worked quite well.  I have gotten OOMA service so it is somewhat redundant .

http://www.digitone.com/Digitone%20Call%20Blocker%20Plus%20FAQ.htm
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke