News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Crate of 21B top locks

Started by kleenax, February 06, 2018, 09:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

My wooden crate that I keep my 21B locks in disintegrated.......What a mess!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

HarrySmith

WOW! That is a lot of locks! Just put a shovel full or two in a box and send them to me :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

tallguy58

I'll take one if you have a Northern. LOL
Cheers........Bill

I think I said this somewhere else but, Maybe you could return them to Keil Lock Co for a new crate of locks.  ;D

kleenax

Quote from: tallguy58 on February 08, 2018, 06:37:14 PM
I'll take one if you have a Northern. LOL
Uh, Bill; 21B locks ARE Northerns ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

So are they upper locks for NE 3 Slot phones, All keyed the same?

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 08, 2018, 11:40:25 PM
So are they upper locks for NE 3 Slot phones, All keyed the same?

Terry
Yessir; 21B
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

So the next question Ray would be....

Are you selling them and if so, how much each and in bulk?  ;)

AE_Collector

are 21B keys readily available or not so much? I think I have two or three 21B keys here somewhere.

Terry

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 09, 2018, 11:48:05 AM
are 21B keys readily available or not so much? I think I have two or three 21B keys here somewhere.

Terry

I have a couple here as well.

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 09, 2018, 11:48:05 AM

They run around $20 plus shipping on eBay when they do show up. Here are the current listings for these keys. I paid about that for a 21B key about 2 years ago so the price is stable, somewhat.

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

Payphone installer

They are from the Paul Vaerchack estate,he was a lock collector that's where the wood crates came from also. I believe those are the bad ones aren't they Ray? I remember seeing them on one of my visits. I also got a bunch of broken ones from him.

kleenax

Quote from: Payphone installer on February 09, 2018, 04:11:25 PM
They are from the Paul Vaerchack estate,he was a lock collector that's where the wood crates came from also. I believe those are the bad ones aren't they Ray? I remember seeing them on one of my visits. I also got a bunch of broken ones from him.

Hey James;

some of them are bad, but most are good. He always HATED 21B locks for some reason, so he'd make me buy some whenever I visited. I remember once he brought out a 5-gallon bucket about 3/4 full of em for me! How could I resist! They're like single-slots; sooner or later, they will be in NEED! ;-)

In the last 2 yrs or so of his life, he started "pushing" a lot of stuff off on Gene and I for WAY low prices (sometimes free).
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Payphone installer

These are the only locks that will fit in a A/E vault with the right modification to the key. Jim