News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory 354

Started by oldguy, August 10, 2017, 10:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I won this ivory WE 354 on goodwill tonight for $9.00 + $15.23 shipping. I obviously haven't received it yet, but it looks ok. Will need lots of cleaning & some bleaching. I was thrilled with the price. Does anybody know where to get ivory cloth coiled cords, I need a few & haven't been able to find any.
Gary

cihensley@aol.com

Congratulations! You might try restore the current cord through a number of techniques shared in postings on this Forum.

Chuck

LarryInMichigan

That's a great catch.  I have mostly given up on the goodwill site.  I used to get deals there, but over the past few years, nearly everything I see sells for well over its value.  This phone apparently was an exception.

I would try to clean and recoil the existing cord.  Surprising results can often be obtained with a bit of effort.  The phone itself should clean and polish nicely.  Be careful when removing the dial from the shell.  They are often stuck tightly.   We will be awaiting pictures of the results.

Larry

Pourme

Good for you, Gary!...I like those wall phones. I have a black "birthday phone". What is the date? I agree, I'd attempt to recoil the cord as well. Keep us posted.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Nice! Great find at a Great price! Congrats!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Soaking the Ivory thermoplastic parts in a 50/50 bleach water solution will do wonders. You cannot leave it I too long, take the parts out when they are the color you like.  Cover vermillion and metal with Vaseline to save dates and keep the metal female screw connection in good shape

I did this years a ago to an Ivory 302 years ago. The comparison was shocking.

I think I have a NOS Ivory curly cord still in its wrapper.....someplace  8).....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Doug, if you want to sell the ivory cord, let me know.
Gary

Doug Rose

if memory serves  >:(....I bought this from Odis for a project that I never completed or can remember. I think  :P I paid $35 for it. It is yours for $35 to your door.  I tried navigating OPW but I couldn't find one.....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

I'm not trying to sell the cord for Doug but that would make that phone!....
I'm good at spending other people's $$$! :)
Benny

Doug Rose

Benny....your $10 will be in the mail  ;D
Kidphone

Pourme

Benny

oldguy

Thanks Doug, PM sent.
Gary