News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for a coin chute assembly

Started by Phonesrfun, September 22, 2010, 11:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

I am working on an NE QSD3A payphone for a friend.  It is missing the entire coin chute assembly, and he would like the phone to not only function as a local phone, but to also have all the ding-dings that a coin phone should have.  For that, I need to replace the coin chute.

So, I am looking for a coin chute and gong assembly for a NE QSD3A upper housing. 

I see that the coin chute from my WE 233G fits right in the NE.  No surprises there, except that the NE is made to have guide pins that have threaded screw-type ends, rather than the twist-on type that my WE 233G has.

So, here is what I am looking for:

• Coin chute assembly and gong assembly combined.  One that takes US coins.  The part numbers from my WE 233G are P-20A119 for the coin track part, and P-349754 for the gong assembly.
  • Screws to mount:  2 screw-type guide screws with associated springs, and the lower mounting screw that goes in the rubber grommet
  • The bent coin return stop and its mounting screw.  Looking at Knappen's Payphone history book on page 218, the stop seems to be P-12A666 and the mounting screw is P-111877

Doesn't need the nickel latch electromagnet, but would be nice to have the complete mechanism.  I already have the 452 capacitor.

Thanks.
-Bill G

KeithB

Bill, I happen to have in my possession a coin chute assembly (and other parts) from the upper body of an old WE223G.  If you can assist me in getting my WE233G rewired properly, I'd be happy to send it to you.  PM me if you're interested.

KeithB

Here's a picture of the coin chute assembly. 
Hope this works for you.  :)

Phonesrfun

I believe that is perfect.  I'll check it when I get home in a few minutes.
-Bill G

KeithB

I'd have gladly continued this conversation last night, but our neighborhood had a complete power black-out last night, starting just before 10 pm Eastern time. :(