News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Really wanted this one!

Started by AET, May 17, 2009, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Didn't even get to bid!  I hate the PayPal only rule.  I'm a cash man... Was tempted to ask Dad to let me bid from his account, so I could have this Gem, but it went too high for me anyways.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260409674393
( dead link 02-28-22 )
- Tom

Dan

The pink isn't faded or yellowed, and why does every pink cord yellow or turn white? I love the old school  answering machine too! Cool setup!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

I thought it would have made a very cool display.  I love the answering machine, and I don't have a pink 500, but have had my eye out for one cheap.  I was very interested when this set was 9.99.
- Tom

bingster

Even though Paypal is the "official" currency of ebay, many sellers do still accept money orders.  Many still prefer them, in fact.  Never let the paypal thing stand in the way of making a purchase--always send a question asking if they'll accept money orders. 
= DARRIN =

BDM

What Bing said! I was recently asked that on one of my auctions. Anyhow, I picked up a real nice pink 500 soft plastic set for $10 off craigslist. Deals are still out there.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

AET

I do that now, after some complications with a lady who refused cash money period!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

A nice Pink 500 just sold for 4107.00.
That was a real bargain for the machine and phone.

I scan the auction several times day, how did I miss that one ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

foots

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 18, 2009, 01:33:31 AM
A nice Pink 500 just sold for 4107.00.

I scan the auction several times day, how did I miss that one ?
D/P

You and me both.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

mienaichizu

I'm also a cash man, I don't use credit cards or any sort of payments :D

benhutcherson

Sellers can't officially take cash or MO anymore. If you ask, though, they're permittted to, and most will. MOs are really much safer for the seller than Paypal.

McHeath

QuoteA nice Pink 500 just sold for 4107.00.

Is that price $4,107.00? 

finlover

I missed out on this one by one stinkin' dollar.  Oh well...

Dan/Panther

Finlover;
A guy can go crazy thinking that he only lost an item by a single buck. I think of it this way. He only needed a dollar to outbid you, but his maximum bid was probably 20 dollars higher than your max bid, so don't feel bad. you most likiely could have bid 15 to 20 dollars more and still lost by a buck.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson