News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Surprise in an auction...(10-button Princess)

Started by compubit, April 18, 2015, 08:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

Recently purchased a lot of Princess phones for parts. I figure that if the Touch Tone pads work, I can handle anything else they throw at me (thanks to the BSPs...).  Plus I have a Teal Blue that's a CS model; in my opinion, it should light up - so the plan is to swap out the bases with one of the parts princesses I've picked up along the way (I actually have several lots I've picked up, so plenty of parts :-) .

Here's the listing... screenshot so it's permanent...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

To continue...

I received the box, and verified that there were 4 phones in the box (not looking in detail at each one), and put the box in my basement, as I had family visiting from Texas for 6 days.

Anyway, with today being a beautiful sunny day, I figured that I'd "Retrobrite" some phones.  I had 2 white Trimlines to do, and recalled that one of the Princesses was white, so I went to the box. When I opened it, the 3 not inside any wrapping were all ivory, and the last was inside a USPS envelope, so I pulled it out.   The handset needs some work (it's already been painted once), but the cord is still white.

Then I look at the base and my jaw drops - it's a white 1702B - 10 buttons in all of it's glory - a little faded, but looks to be in good shape.  I took it upstairs to get the cover off, washed and out for de-yellowing. I then take the base down to the basement and connect it to the Panasonic switch. It dials out fine, the handset works, but no ringing.  I figure I'll have to track down the BSP to make sure all of the connections are right (I figure it's configured for 5 wire service [ring/tip/bell & light*2]), but that can wait.

I'm cleaning it up right now, and it will fit in beautifully in both my Princess collection, as well as my white phone collection.

So far in white, I have:

220/AD1 (desk)
2220/AD1 (desk)
Sculptura

The hardest one to get now will be the 1220/10-button Trimline.  I hadn't seen a white 1702 on the market at all since I had gotten back into the game (other colors, but not white).

It's a Happy Saturday!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

compubit

The Touch Tone pad was late 67 and appears to be 12-button ready (plastic stickers over the slots for the * and #).  Glad it was never converted!

Jim