Started by Kenny C, September 30, 2010, 06:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

we hardly see snow but we got a pile of it last winter
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

We get snow, it is usually gone by 9-10:00 AM, even on school snow days (bonus paid day off for me).

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

we may get it this winter its supposed to be in the upper 30's tonight.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

mr_a500

Quote from: McHeath on October 03, 2010, 02:21:34 PM
QuoteMany times, I've actually been way too warm - and had to cool off. I've been quite comfortable, laying in a pile of snow in -35°C temperatures.

Yikes!!  That's impressive!  I've been to your neck of the woods a few times and it certainly is pretty countryside, and nice people, but the winters would be killer for someone like me who's spent most of his life in places with hardly any winter to speak of. 

Your cold tolerance reminds me of that tribe in South America the Yaghans, who lived in Tierra  del Fuego.  It's cold cold cold down there almost all the time but they never wore clothes. 

I was wearing clothes. In that kind of temperature, I'd be too worried about frostbite in awkward places. I only go naked in the summer.  ;D

Kenny C

i need some coffee its COLD its like 45 degrees ;)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

Nope, sorry Kenny I just checked and it's still 80 degrees outside and just got dark. ;)

Kenny C

lucky i spent 2 hours outside on concrete working on a phone case i think i caught me a nice cold
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

a little cold remedy for the congested head put 2 bay leaves a bit of oregano and a lot of thyme leaves in a pot and bring to a boil remove from heat and take a towel and put it over your head and over the pot and breathe in the steam and you'll be cleared right up.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on October 03, 2010, 10:10:30 PM
lucky i spent 2 hours outside on concrete working on a phone case i think i caught me a nice cold

Probably a hex put on you by your parents! (you weren't supposed to even think about phones for a week).

Terry

Jim Stettler

Next time sit on some cardboard. When you start working under cars lay on a piece of cardboard. Try it.
Jim
You live, You learn,

KeithB

Jim, how'd you know I was on the rough concrete under my car Saturday afternoon?  :D

Jim Stettler

Quote from: KeithB on October 04, 2010, 07:20:35 AM
Jim, how'd you know I was on the rough concrete under my car Saturday afternoon?  :D
Did you use cardboard?
Jim
You live, You learn,

KeithB

No, I used up all my larger cardboard for spray-painting pay phones inside the house.  ;)

Kenny C

i am free now
Quote from: ae_collector on October 03, 2010, 11:24:27 PM

Probably a hex put on you by your parents! (you weren't supposed to even think about phones for a week).

Terry
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

John S

Living here in Michigan, winter is NOT favorite.  Winter seems to drag on, living close to the lake, we get the lake effect snow.  I hate driving in it....My 2 favs are summer and spring.  I did take 2 pics yesterday of the fall colors.....

John