"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 264: Orchid AE 40 with Chrome Trim and Extensicord - Ended 02-21-17

Started by TelePlay, February 11, 2017, 09:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimHyak

Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #264 is Jim S. who with the very 1st entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $1,650.00 to give him his 2nd win! It's been a long dry spell since his last win in #107 but a first entry win here is impressive. So, a big congratulations go out to Jim S. for another CRPF Auction Contest win and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

As auctions go, at least their endings, this one was a dud. The phone rose slowly but in big jumps over the first 6 days of the auction but after hitting $1,602 about a day before end time. It stayed there until end time. No last second snipes. So, as the auction ended, it was s***h (465 ) who ended up taking the phone home for $1,602.00. The phone was listed at $250.00.  The auction saw 5 bidders placing 27 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 265 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Jim Stettler

Wow, I won again.
I expected this phone to sell for $1,000-$1,200. My guess was by value this time. I felt the value was $1,500-$1,750.
I almost guessed by stupid money value ($2,200-$3,500).

That is the fun part about guessing these auctions, selling price and collector value can be far apart, (and sometimes even the stupid money  wins).
Thanks,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Geez, I was going for two in a row!

Surprising that this went for so little relatively speaking. Probably certainly is "Stupid Money" for C.R.A.P. but they certainly were going a lot higher than that not too long ago. That is at least 4 colored AE's in a row that final price has surprised me to the low side.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

That sold pretty low!

I guessed REALLY stupid money, but colored pre-type 80 AEs usually do go for REALLY stupid money! 8)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Oh shoot! Now I see what I did wrong....I forgot to convert from Canadian to US$ :)

I guessed $2100.00 and it went for $2097.66.

Terry