News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What make/modell of wirless SIP or IAX telephone for use at job?

Started by dsk, April 26, 2011, 08:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

My job (School ) needs a temporary telephone system (at least 3 years), the best choice seems to be a SIP or IAX based system with a wireless phone to each of the employees.
Do you have some advice about what you like, or not feel good about.

8) Sorry no rotary phones 8)

dsk

teka-bb

I think more information is needed to answer your question. How many (incomming) lines and how many extensions? Do you want to to be able to transfer calls, put them on hold etc or not? Do you need to change te configuration often or not?

I wouldn't use WiFi phones because I find they are not reliable. Maybe you should use DECT handsets?
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

dsk

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm a teacher at a high school (16 years ++) we have about 1000 students and 100 employees.
The county council has an agreement with a local company supplying the voip services, and running the exchange.
We want to exclude bad options in choice of wired v.o.i.p. telephones (Witch we have to buy from that company). As I look at it we should have a trunk line to C*NET and it should be possible for those of the employees who has WIFI on their telephones to connect with their personal ext. no.  

Why a temporary solution?
We are located at a more than 100years old building, and will be relocated within 3 years. (don't know were)
The relocation may be temporary too.
Telephone wiring is not good enough, but computer network are.
Some areas has bad connection for mobile phones.

The option is a system based on mobile phones, witch may be some more reliable, but less easy to use as personal telephones due to tax issues.

I "hate" this system because our computer guys could run it by themselves.

I just had to start this dialogue to be prepared. The decision will be final within a few weeks.

dsk

Owain

If you have to buy the telephones from the supplier, tell the supplier to supply appropriate and suitable phones to your spec and leave the model up to the supplier. Then when they break, the supplier has to replace.

Will your future location have VoIP phone system or conventional?

You might be better off lease renting the phones rather than buying - depends on tax and depreciation allowances.