News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Obama is here

Started by dsk, December 10, 2009, 02:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

;) Obama has just landed, coming to Oslo to receive the The Nobel Peace Prize. http://nobelpeaceprize.org/en_GB/home/

The prize includes a medal, a personal diploma, and a large sum of prize money (currently 10 million Swedish crowns). 1.41 million US$  :D
we use about 40 million Norwegian crowns 6.95 million US$ on security :-\
And Obama comes here for less than 2 days with about 1000 of his personnel. :o

I don't have the knowledge to tell if the award is deserved or not, time will show.
but the economical aspects of the hole thing makes me wonder  ???

By the way, did you ask him to bring some telephones for me, when he still should travel in this area? :D

Regards
dsk

McHeath

Not to be a fuddy duddy but let's do be careful that we don't get too far into politics, that wonderful divisive subject that could turn our happy little phone land into not so happy land.

dsk

Quote from: McHeath on December 11, 2009, 12:11:17 AM
Not to be a fuddy duddy but let's do be careful that we don't get too far into politics, that wonderful divisive subject that could turn our happy little phone land into not so happy land.

Yes, let us not argue, but have respect for others opinions.
This was not meant as start of finding the solution, just a reflection around the back side of the prize.
Regarding your president, and with hence of all the difficulties he "inherit from" earlier days, he is doing a job which is great. I'm impressed, so far.

Let us still be friends!

dsk

Dennis Markham

Thanks Heath.  I have been holding my breath on this one.  After dsk's initial posting I didn't see any real political point of view just facts that the President was visiting, etc.  The last things we want to discuss, even in the off-topic section are politics and religion.  Both are issues that could escalate into hard feelings between differences of opinion.  

dsk

I didn't realize how touchy this is, so we just lock it here.
I want to keep my friends, and I want all of us to remind friends.

dsk