News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Important Notice!!! (Dennis is the New Forum Administrator)

Started by Mark Stevens, February 21, 2009, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Thanks Dan.  I'm nervous about this gig.  Mark is a tough act to follow.  It all started when he contacted me via my Vintage Rotary Phones site asking for help in making a 302 ring.......he took off like wild-fire after that!  The amount of information that he has put "out there" in such a short period of time is amazing.  From all of his pages on the blog site to the forum. 

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther
Yes ! Mark you didn't think you were going to get off that easy did you ?
We can get Matt to find our screen shots you just keep the phones rolling in.

Dennis;
We will be here for you, don't hesitate to ask.
D/P

Dennis and Dan/Panther,

I was just wondering how I could contribute to the forum, since I really don't know a lot about phones (I just know what I like. ;)) so yes, I would be very glad to do screen shots of phones in movies for contests.

In fact I have a good screen shot ready now.  The only thing is, I already emailed it a couple of weeks ago to Mark, so Mark may know what movie the shot was from, and that might (sadly and ironically) exclude Mark from one contest if the picture is used.  But it is really good picture and a good movie to use.

So...just let me know if you want the picture or not.  Should I send it to Dennis by PM?  And I'll keep looking for for good screen shots. :)

Thanks guys and gals,
-Matt/Hobiesport 8)

Dennis Markham

Matt, there's no need to e-mail that to me now.  If Mark has it we'll get to that as soon as the dust settles.  First thing I have to learn from him is how to reply to those that want to join the forum.  But we'll get to the next contest soon, I'm sure.

Thanks.  You do a lot to contribute to this forum and it's appreciated.

HobieSport

Thanks Dennis, and let me know if I can help in any way.  I do enjoy writing and editing pictures.  Just that I'm no phone genius. :)

Bill Cahill

Yes, Dennis, if you need any help from me, please feel free to contact me.
Mark, donate a real nice phone so I can claim the prize.  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill Cahill on February 22, 2009, 05:40:10 PM
Yes, Dennis, if you need any help from me, please feel free to contact me.
Mark, donate a real nice phone so I can claim the prize.  ;D
Bill Cahill

Hmm... you know, I've got a real pretty red 500.  Or a really rugged (but complete) Galion, or a S-C 1243, or a W.E. 5302, or...  I'm sure I can decide on something!

Bill Cahill

How 'bout all the above?  ;D
Bill Cahill Dan wants another pink phone to match his tutu.
:D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

rp2813

Mark, thanks so much for establishing this site and forum.  I may not have the same level of technical knowledge as others here or have a huge stash of phones, I hope I can still provide worthwhile contributions on occassion.  Meanwhile, I know we will be in excellent hands with the guru of rotary phones at the helm.  Dennis, with your knowledge and expertise you are going to do an excellent job of leading the way here.

Ralph
Ralph

Dennis Markham

Thank you Ralph.  I continue to learn myself.  Together we can all help each other satisfy our telephone desires.  The exchange of information and experiences that is available today because of the internet is amazing.  It's fun to be a part of it all.

Dan/Panther

Can you imagine how this hobby would be without the internet.
Talking to fellow collectors, only at shows, or by telephone itself, and I'm sure people would not be as ready to share sources as we are now.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mienaichizu

so Dennis is our new moderator, congrats! and Mark, please still keep in touch to us

Dan/Panther

Dennis is actually the "Site Administrator", that's like head moderator. Chief cook and bottle washer, big kahuna, numero uno.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

So don't break anything.....I don't know if I can fix it!  (Joke) :)

Bill Cahill

You're breaking my heart........

"On the telephone, I can hear you.
And, it seems, my own, that I'm near you.
YOU're as busy as can be.... You are ever haunting me.....
Even in my dreams    you are calling with a voice  that seems so enthralling.
And, I love but, you alone,my lady on the telephone...."

Bill Cahill

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI