HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Guessing the #1 on the dial 2 to 0 are working?
Kidphone

CanadianGuy

HarrySmith

Some pictures of the phone in question would be helpful, especially pictures of the dial and wiring.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Like everyone else is asking, we need more information on the phone to give you help.
Do you use VOIP? Or standard POTS . Touch tone, or rotary.
KEN

bobv

Sorry for the late replay.  2 days I am out of country. I am back now.
I clean the dial and lubricate

thanks
VB

dsk

If you let the dial return slowly from 0, you should observe 10 breaks before the other contact springs closes.

dsk

bobv

Quote from: dsk on December 09, 2018, 04:42:31 PM
If you let the dial return slowly from 0, you should observe 10 breaks before the other contact springs closes.

dsk

Hi Dsk,
thanks for the information.  I am waiting for my B&K Precision  :)

VB

dsk

:-[ I spent pretty much on my B&K and it is absolutely useful, but the dial testing is a go or not go test based on what standards the exchanges should accept at that time it was sold.Sometimes the B&K reads everything, and it will snot work on the telephone line, then you need more detailed analyzes using audacity, or the German analyze software using an RS232 port to display everything.  The audacity are probably the most accurate, but also harder to decode. The German one are easy to use.

I took a W48 and just dialed one single zero, and got this.
I'm impressed, never tuned and 10.0 pps! The close percentage  should have been 33.3% for UK and 40% for US if I remember right, so 43% is to high. Still, i do not want to adjust it before I get problem with it.

dsk