"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 564 Key Set

Started by mienaichizu, August 08, 2009, 10:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

I finished polishing this baby all I have to do is to make it work
http://mienaichizu.multiply.com/photos/album/196/Western_Electric_Model_564_Key_Set

Dan

Please tell me how to make it work. I'm tempted to buy a 510 two-line WE with the key switch, but I don't know how to wire it. I figure if you can get your beautiful black multiliner going, mine would be easy! Beautiful phone
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

mienaichizu

thanks Dan, I have to study the schematics first and make some experiments, If it works, I'll tell you right away

Phonesrfun

Mienaichizu:

You know, of course, that in order to get the 6-button 564 working all the way requires a key system, otherwise known as a shoebox, and, of course more than one line to hook it to, and a bunch of 25 pair wires and a lot of time.

To get it to work without the hold feature, and without any lights, but to be able to push a line button and use the phone as a single line phone is pretty easy.  Requires hooking the line to the associated T&R (Tip and Ring) connector inside the phone, and probably changing the wiring on the ringer from what is known a common audible to be connected as any other single line phone.  Both those are pretty easy.  If you need the schematic of the phone I think I have one.

-Bill
-Bill G

mienaichizu

thanks bill for that info, can you send me the schematics?

Phonesrfun

Can you send a picture of the inside of the phone, especially the massive connecting block., and the exact model number on the bottom of the phone.  I will dig up the schematic, but I need to go tonight.  We can continue tomorrow.

-Bill
-Bill G

mienaichizu

sure will post the pics tomorrow

bwanna

mienaichizu

didn't you just get that phone?! & already cleaned up... lookin' good!  we're all anxiously waiting for you to make it work :o

donna

mienaichizu

my hands are itching, so I cleaned it up once I bought it home

foots

Wow, cleaned up very nicely. I like those square button models. I'd like to get a few of the square button models to go with my round button 3 and 5 line phones.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

benhutcherson

The phone looks great!

If you want to just use it as a single line phone, it's relatively simple. This is courtesy of an uncle of mine who use to work for Bell

Remove the dial, and you'll see a circuit board that looks like this

You'll notice a row of terminals across the front marked 1T, 1H, and 1R, 2T, and so on.

Connect the red and green wires from a mounting cord to 1T and 1R. The phone will work(dial out and answer) when the "1" button across the front is pressed in. You can use 2T and 2R, and the second button will work, likewise.

Alternatively, use jumpers to tie all the Ts and all the Rs together, then the phone will work when any of the buttons are pressed in.

Finally, to make it ring, simply connect the red and black wires from the ringer across the T and R terminals to which the line cord is also connected.

Phonesrfun

Mienaichizu:

What Benhutcherson posted is correct.  If you are looking for a schematic, please get me the exact model number from the bottom.  Example would be 564HK (Probably the most common)  The 564 or 565 and the suffix are important for schematic purposes.  All are slightly different, although essentially the same.  My BSP disk seems to have many different models, so I would like to send you the most exact one I can.

-Bill
-Bill G

mienaichizu

I tried what ben said but it doesn't work, here is a photo of the big network inside, it is different to what ben has posted

anyway, this model is 564HL

Phonesrfun

Here is the schematic.

I need to go to bed now, but I'll catch up tomorrow.

-Bill
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

M~:

The place to hook your two line wires is 1T and 1R see the circled area on the picture.  Is this where you hooked them with no results?

-Bill
-Bill G