News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

September 15 Finds!

Started by DavePEI, September 17, 2011, 05:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Thursday, I took a trip into Charlottetown, to look at a number of items I had been told I could have. Included were two Northern Electric 211 phones, another Number 1 NE Uniphone, an interesting transmitter control unit made from a 43A turret and a type NU Handset, a Fairchild/Dumont frequency meter from the days of FM business radio, two early 50 mhz. Motorola Handi-Talkies, and two Wilcom T194 Transmission Line and Line Noise test sets in great shape. Along with these (and not pictured) were a number of 66 and other new unused blocks.

All have been cleaned up, the Wilcoms have been checked out, as have the 211s, the Uniphone has been wired for private line and outfitted with a spade-modular cord and finally checked out on my BK Phone tester. Love to hear from anyone with a manual for either the Wilcoms or the Dumont test sets. Wilcom and Fairchild can no longer supply these manuals.

A fun day, and there may be more from where these came in coming weeks.

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Good haul Dave.

So the "Handi-Talkies aren't car phones but (sort of) portable radio's? The name sounds like they would be little handheld portable radios but I guess in their era they WERE little portable radio's!

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on September 17, 2011, 12:17:56 PM
Good haul Dave.

So the "Handi-Talkies aren't car phones but (sort of) portable radio's? The name sounds like they would be little handheld portable radios but I guess in their era they WERE little portable radio's!

Terry
Hi Terry:

Yup, that is what Motorola called a "Handi=Talkie":-)

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001