News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Left Handed Kellogg Two Tone Stick Brass and Grey Metal

Started by Doug Rose, February 25, 2011, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have had this stick for about ten years. I've been threatening to clean it up for a while, Friday off from work; so here it is. This is really a different stick, but I am by no means an expert. It is a gun metal gray, with a brass tube that slides over. The transmitter and Hookswitch are brass. Makes a stunning combination. The hookswitch is on the opposite side. Is this a left handed stick I have heard about? Clearly marked Kellogg on the transmitter, base and the top of the bakelite handset. An extra added bonus,it was made into a lamp!!.....gggrrrr. I took it apart and thought I go swing it to the bottom, but no go. This is a really odd arrangement on how the transmitter cup is attached. Not like anything I have seen before. I am still very happy with the way it turned out. Any information is more than appreciated....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

more pics
Kidphone

wds

Very nice - it's a keeper.  I think that the stem was reassembled incorrectly.  On my Kellogg stick, you just pull out the stem, turn it 180 degrees, and presto, receiver arm is on the other side.
Dave

Doug Rose

Dave....makes sense. I'm not taking it apart again to see!....many thanks...Doug
Kidphone