"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Leich 70A Local Battery Phone

Started by WesternElectricBen, January 23, 2013, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Hi,
I got this Leich Battery phone for 20 bucks. I think its a good deal. I'm guessing it will need a magneto crank type subset though I don't know. Will also need some vinyl or cloth cords as the originals were cut. Can you tell me what model it is so I can get parts and diagrams. Is there anything I should know about converting them? Would It make sense to hook it up with my wood wall phone and make some sort of intercom or something along the line? Also its from a town in Minnesota thats near to me.

Could you help me?

1: Can you link a diagram?
2: Can you link a bell box?

Here are some pictures I took. Tried to make them pretty exact and showing all the printing.

LarryInMichigan

Is there a diagram on the inside of the base plate?  I have the same or a similar model which was wired for local battery operation, but I managed to rewire it to work as a CB set by following one of the diagrams on the TCI website: link and cheating a bit.  You will certainly need a handset cord though.

Larry

Mr. Bones

Ben,

Larry beat me to it...

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1573.0

See if that gives you a start...

Best regards!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 23, 2013, 11:03:32 PM
Is there a diagram on the inside of the base plate?  I have the same or a similar model which was wired for local battery operation, but I managed to rewire it to work as a CB set by following one of the diagrams on the TCI website: link and cheating a bit.  You will certainly need a handset cord though.

Larry

No, the diagram might have been torn off. I think the bottom pad was replaced when they pulled off the diagram.
Ben

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 23, 2013, 11:11:23 PM
Ben,

Larry beat me to it...

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1573.0

See if that gives you a start...

Best regards!

Terrence

Thank you! Il get to that as soon as possible!

dsk

Diagrams and schematics are just fun  :D So I tried to decode the information in this 2 threads and ended up with this:

It is a fair chance for get it working OK at a CB line just hooking up and putting in a resistor of 220 ohms between Ø1 and Ø4

dsk