News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bought WE 500 from May, 1952!!!!!

Started by Bill Cahill, December 29, 2008, 01:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

It looks like the dial is a 7D, a 1954 and later change.  The early dial is a 7A, which they came with in 49' and following, up till the colors were introduced in 53' and the 7C dial was introduced. 

The cord might have a date stamped on the crimp where it goes into the housing.

Plastic black caps would be newer, I think it was the early 60's when they started making black caps in plastic. 

Bill Cahill

Would anyone have the correct plastic caps for it, and, the more correct dial?
I'd like to make it more original than it is.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill;
Just box it up nice and ship it to me. I'll replace the caps and remove the rust.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

What about NO don't you understand? I'm not getting rid of the phone.
For interested parties, Dip Pan Dan, and, I were talking on the phone.

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

Were you talking to him on the phone you're going to send him? :P
= DARRIN =

Bill Cahill

"Har, har, hardy, har, har! Norton, you'll get yours next! Bang, Zoom!"
:D
Bill Cahill

Bill Cahill

;D Well, I put the phone back together tonight, and, put a modular plug on it. Tried it. At first, volume was way low. I removed microphone, and, tapped it on the table. Put it back in, and, volume was GREATLY improved.
Dan Panther was on the phone at the time, so, I had him call me back. Bells worked perfectly.
I then called him back. Dial worked flawlessly.
Located original G1 handset caps for it from company in Canada, and, put them in my shopping cart after joinning them.
Next month I will buy the pair. It will make it a little more original.

I'm going to use that phone for awhile, then, restore it further.
;D Bill Cahill