News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Got my first "Colored Soft Plastic" WE 500

Started by Dan, January 08, 2009, 12:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260339777920

Well, my sons think I have totally flipped , getting a PINK phone.
It cleaned up nicely. All parts are from 3-58, network, handset, housing, dial, etc. The price was a little higher than I wanted to go but I guessed it was all original, right down to the open plastic fingerwell.
My wife wants to put it in the bedroom next to her doll collection!
The cords are original but faded. Are there any parts suppliers  that makes the THICK original cords?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

Dan, don't your sons know that only "real men" have at least one pink phone?  I'm still looking for one in baby blue. ;D

bingster

I think that's a brilliant price for a '58 in pink! 

You might try phonecoinc.com for pink cords.  Oldphoneworks may have a set, too.  One thing's for sure--nobody makes them.  You'll have to track down originals.  It'll be worth it, though.  Great phone!
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Here's a refurbished yellow '56 500 for just $35 if anyone's interested:

http://tinyurl.com/a2snmr

metdial

Quote from: HobieSport on January 08, 2009, 12:28:06 AM
Dan, don't your sons know that only "real men" have at least one pink phone?  I'm still looking for one in baby blue. ;D

It makes perfect sense to me.

-Guys like girls,

-Girls like pink phones,

-Guys like girls who like pink phones,

-Thus, guys like pink phones.

Then again,  it occurs to me that girls also like to wear dresses...........:o

I don't think I'll follow that train of logic to it's conclusion.  ;D

Tom

McHeath

Tom, you're gonna have to get yerself a kilt, then you can follow that train right into the station! ;D

Dan

Quote from: bingster on January 08, 2009, 01:38:16 AM
I think that's a brilliant price for a '58 in pink! 

You might try phonecoinc.com for pink cords.  Oldphoneworks may have a set, too.  One thing's for sure--nobody makes them.  You'll have to track down originals.  It'll be worth it, though.  Great phone!

Thank you for the info! I didn't get a ring til I switched the grey wire to L1 (it is amazing how many are disabled this way). Now it's all functional.I like it mostly because it has never been serviced.
I'm glad that's a good price too.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

metdial

Quote from: McHeath on January 08, 2009, 10:06:29 AM
Tom, you're gonna have to get yerself a kilt, then you can follow that train right into the station! ;D

LOL!!!   "Holy Braveheart Batman", you're absolutely right about that!

A kilt is definitely not a dress,  - its a "MAN SKIRT!"

Of course, a kilt that is worn too high above the knees is a "mini man skirt", and before we know it, we're "out of the station", and find ourselves back in "Petticoat Junction".  ;D

BDM

Wish you guys would STOP this already! Now I feel the need to start up a "color" collection of 500s.......geeeeeeez ::) :o ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan

I have already started. I am going pickey too, going for the "soft tenite" plastic if possibel. I do like the Lime Green stromburg carlson and orange ITT's though

McHeath

From now on I'm going to buy all my colored WE 500 models while wearing a kilt.  I imagine that I will be fighting off the hordes of women who will be unable to control themselves over the blazing manhood of me hefting a manly hunk of colored plastic and steel mid-century communication prowess. 
;)

Dan

Please post pics of this event when it happens. Then i'll have a reference point to show my wife, who thinks this phone stuff is crazy!
At least some one out there will be more nuts than I am ;)