News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

White 62 500 after cleaning.

Started by Greg G., October 23, 2009, 01:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Oxiclean worked so great I hardly recognize it!  Although I did give it a shot of Novus 2 on the handset and dial bezel.    

I wish I had a REAL before pic.  The one below is after I wiped down the case and handset when I got my hord back to Mom's.  Just picture the entire phone looking like the line cord and under the finger wheel and you get a good idea.  Only cosmetic stuff to do on this one.  I'll may try the peroxide treatment on it.

I especially like that long, heavy-duty 4 prong line cord.  Try and find one like it anywhere.

Update: My supply of dial cards from OPW arrived, so I chose a contrasting black one and reshot the after pic.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

You did VERY well on that one.  Congratulations!

-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on October 23, 2009, 02:20:37 AM
You did VERY well on that one.  Congratulations!

Thank you!  I was most happy that the darn thing still worked after putting it back together!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Yes, those are also great moments for me too.
-Bill G

McHeath

Wow!  What a transformation!  White phones can really clean up well with this method, you did a great job. 

Greg G.

I was thinking it's still a good candidate for a peroxide treatment, but after I read up on making Retrobright, I have doubts if I want to handle some of that nasty stuff used to make it, especially here in my apt.
- Mike Row
e

Tonyrotary

bwanna

very nice, briny. you sure have been busy, lately.
donna

foots

Awsome Briny. Its amazing sometimes to see how nice a phone - or other peice of equipment - lives underneath grime. 
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"