News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Candlestick

Started by Tonyrotary, April 13, 2009, 04:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

I won this phone on Ebay and it came in recently. My wife thinks its in great shape and sent me some better photos of it. This photo is the one off of Ebay. I am thinking of removing that modular plastic cord and getting a ivory colored cloth cord with modular ends for it to make it look a bit more like the older candlesticks.

What do you guys think? Oh the wife already tested the phone and it works and sounds great. I called her tonight and she plugged it in and was chatting with me on it for a few minutes. She is even leaving the phone out unplugged for now cause she thinks it looks great as a decorative item...lol. Anyways, what do you think about a nice cloth cord say maybe 12 to 14 inches long between the receiver and base?

bingster

I've always liked these, but have  always thought the curly cords are totally inappropriate on them.  Personally, I think replacing it with an ivory cloth cord is a great idea.
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Pretty phone, it's one of the late model candlesticks made in the 70's isn't it?  I remember looking at those back in the day at the AT and T store in the Mall.  They had all the Design Line stuff, and it was all so cool.  I ended up buying a GTE flip fone for my first non Bell System phone, around 1979 if I recall, it was kinda like a modern cell phone in that the case had a door that opened up so use it.  Don't know what ever happened to it.

AET

Great phone, putting a cloth cord on it would be a great improvement!  I'm looking for a 70s or so candlestick, and I wish that thought had crossed my mind.  Great idea!
- Tom

BDM

If the cord is a cloth covered modular, a straight cloth modular cord is going to lay funny. It's going to be very stiff.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

Very true.  I'm sure OPW would make up a proper receiver cord with modular ends, though.  They have them like that for mounting cords.  I always wondered how they did that--regular, non-modular cords, but with modular clips.
= DARRIN =

Tonyrotary

Yep it is one of those phones made in the 70's. Bingster you read my mind about Oldphoneworks. I am going to contact them about making a modular cloth cord for this to my specs. I will ask them on just how stiff it will be. Like BDM said it may lay funny and I don't want that.