1982 vintage toilet paper on eBay.

http://tinyurl.com/nvly4h5
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

LarryInMichigan

Restoring old used phones can be a challenge.  This type of collecting could pose some really serious challenges ::)

Larry

WesternElectricBen

I wonder if their is a Classic Toilet Paper Forum?

Ben

Dan/Panther

I collect old radios, and being that radio was a BIG way to advertise, you wouldn't believe the things people collect to put with their radios.
Hand saop ( LUX), Dish Soap ( Rinso). On and on, anything advertised on famous radio shows will be sitting next to a collectible radio.
Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Fabius

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on November 27, 2014, 12:09:44 PM
I wonder if their is a Classic Toilet Paper Forum?

Ben

Absolutely! Just like this forum they have sub-forums: Single ply, double ply, quilted and ad forums such as the Don't squeeze the Sharmin forum.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

andre_janew

Seriously?  Golly, I never thought of toilet paper as a collectible item!  Maybe I should save a 4-roll pack this year so I can sell it on eBay in 2046!

Greg G.

Name any artifact, and somewhere there is a niche of people who collect them!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Brinybay on November 27, 2014, 07:32:22 PM
Name any artifact, and somewhere there is a niche of people who collect them!
...but phone collecting is probably the most sane hobby out there.

Or is it... ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

I'd hate to be someone who restored old used toilet paper............ :o

As an aside, we used to have Charmin here in the UK, but for some reason the decided Cushelle sounded better... ???

Slal

Wait a minute. 

1980's is "Vintage?"  : 0 !

Say it ain't so!

Graduated high school in '83, so I'd have been an 11th grader when "Vintage" paper was new in 1982.

That means as a pack-rat have vintage pencils, pens, VCR, CD player, drafting supplies...

Seriously... What's considered 'vintage?' For phones at not tp.  ; )

--Bruce

tallguy58

I once sold a package of Jell-O from 1955 on eBay.

Why someone would buy it is beyond me.

Cheers........Bill

Dan/Panther

I don't have packages of Jello laying around, but I do have many laundry type products to display next to my Vintage Radios. I have unopened boxes of Rinso Blue detergent, Lux soap bars. You need to understand that the people that may have a collection of baking utensils, may very well want to display unopened boxes of cake mixes to enhance the nostalgia of their collections. Had you ever thought people may think WHY for the life of me would someone collect old dial cards ?
I have a wall right behind me, of ,memorabilia from concerts I've attended, I save the ticket, a photo of the artist, and any little item that may have been part of the experience, in the case of the three examples, I have an actual pick they used that night, and even the little wrist strap so I could buy a beer, and a band signed drink coaster.
Lemon Jello may have been what His Grandmother used to make for him when He was little every time he visited.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Greg G.

Quote from: tallguy58 on November 29, 2014, 12:12:35 PM
I once sold a package of Jell-O from 1955 on eBay.

Why someone would buy it is beyond me.
I have an unopened bottle of beer from that era.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

Quote from: Brinybay on November 29, 2014, 05:30:53 PMI have an unopened bottle of beer from that era.

If it was a decent Whiskey, it'd probably worth a lot... ;D

Fabius

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 29, 2014, 02:25:30 PM

I have a wall right behind me, of ,memorabilia from concerts I've attended, I save the ticket, a photo of the artistD/P

Who are in the 3 photos?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905