News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Doug Rose's Amazing Telephone Collection!

Started by Doug Rose, February 07, 2010, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Man, you surely do have an amazing question. Though, I would be worried all that natural light would discolor the phone, if it was mine, I would have the blinds drawn all the time.

Ben

Doug Rose

Scott....welcome to the Forum, great bunch of guys and gals who love phones like you do. Post some pictures of your collection for everyone to see....Doug
Kidphone

N7LTH

That is a truly extraordinary and most beautiful collection. Definitely an inspiration...

The only drawback is that the grand total REN must be written in scientific notation!
You know you have either phonitis or phonosis when your favorite film is "Dial Comes to Town".

BDM

Whenever I look at Doug's collection, I try and imagine all of those phones ringing at once. What a sound that would be!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Doug Rose

thanks guys...I appreciate the kind words.

Brian.....good to see you back....Doug
Kidphone

tipnring

I am just a new member and I must say that is one amazing collection you got there !!!!!

Have you got one of these

Doug Rose

thank you very much, I do appreciate it.

No ..I do not have one, it sure is a real nice phone...Welcome to the Forum...Doug
Kidphone

suhoni56

Susan

Doug Rose

thanks Susan..... I started out the same as you are now. One phone at a time. Welcome to the Forum....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Doug,
What an absolutely wonderful collection. I always felt a collection on display should be well organized, but Now I realize that is NOT the best way to display a collection. My collection, you can look at it, and the next time pretty much know what to expect. Your display, Like Dennis mentioned, you find new things every time you look. Never gets boring. I did notice that you have a couple Lanterns hanging over the window, I have those exact same two Lanterns The blue Dietz with Red Glass, and The Red with Red Glass.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

The new carpeting is in!! The new shelves are up and the Phone Room is ready for "today." After 8 Hours I am beat. Just had a real hot shower and a good stiff drink. I am very happy with the end result (not finished). This was Five 8+ hour days to accomplish this. ....Kiddead

Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

Russ Kirk

Looks great, my avatar and I like the Basset Hound on the chair.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Mr. Bones

Looks remarkable, Doug!

I'm glad you were able to weather the whole ordeal. After all those hours of work, and stress over this, I'd feel free to another stiff drink, were I you! ;)

I'd love to see some pics of your growing collection of manual phones, someday when you have some time. I have a goodly number of them, myself, and fancy them a great deal. 8)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus