News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GTE Rotary Payphone

Started by tanderson78, October 06, 2017, 12:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanderson78

A guy about 30 miles away has a bunch of payphones, signs and booths for sale.  One of them is a GTE single slot rotary, apparently in working order, for $225.  It's the first one I've seen listed on Craigslist or eBay in the two years I've been collecting phones. Opinions on it's being a good deal?

trainman

First question I would ask is, Is it locked? If it is locked, and there are no keys, you will never get inside.

I would try to get the price down. you can still find single slots easily.

Haf

Even if  $ 225 might be not the best deal you are right. AE rotary single payphones are quite hard to come by. I would do it, as I don't wanted to spend long time searching for another one with better price. And you're still doin better than original retail price!

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

AE_Collector

Being able to pick it up saves a big shipping cost. Rotary Single Slots are much more difficult to find as compared to Touch Call sets...sort of the opposite of three slot payphones. As mentioned, see if upper and lower keys are included or at least the locks are not present in the phone rather than being locked up without any keys. Then depending on condition try the "Can you do a little better" routine.

Terry

tanderson78

The picture does show keys in both locks, and it is only a 45 minute drive...

GTE Rick

Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

tanderson78

I had planned on getting it but the guy pulled his Craigslist ad I can't contact him anyway. Bummer.

Fleetcmat

I am that guy and I still have the phone. Just been very busy with work etc. I have been meaning to re list on Craigslist. Just have not had time.  I have Payphones and booths that I need to get posted. Call or text 330-690-7386. Thanks, John

AE_Collector

Post them here in the classifieds as well John just in case someone sees something that they can drive over to pick up OR maybe some items can be shipped. You get a much larger crowd of people here who are infected with "Phoneitis" than on CL just in your area.

I sent tanderson78 a PM link to Fleetcmat's reply here to help ensure that he sees it.

Terry

HarrySmith

Agreed! lots more pontential customers here! Including me!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fleetcmat

I agree Terry. Thanks for the tip. I will work on that. I am traveling for work over the next several weeks but will get it going. Thanks again!

tanderson78

Sorry gang, I haven't logged in in a long time. Been working on projects around the house including some mopeds. I hope to get back into phones in a month or two.