News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What wood phone is this?

Started by Greg G., January 11, 2013, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Apparently there's no markings on it saying who the manufacturer is.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

An upside-down shelf?  Someone has messed with it.

Looks like a Kellogg, based on the shape of the base of the transmitter arm and other looks of the cabinet.
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Looks like someone has also put a radio in it.  Next best thing to a lamp!
-Bill G

AE_Collector

I was thinking "Kludge" myself though it may not be too messed with. The shelf is the 21st century "pen, pencil & paper" catch all shelf! Telephone version of the automobile cup holder!

Terry

Greg G.

That's what I thought too, it was upside down.  At first I thought they just had the pic upside down, but when I flipped it, it still didn't look right.  The wood looks too "new" and I wondered what those round things were on the side.  A radio phone atrocity!  It's at the Tacoma Goodwill, about an hour from me. I'll pass, unless maybe there's some parts worth salvaging, but I have no idea.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Sargeguy

Looks to me like an independent telco offering that was cobbled together with some Kellogg parts, then refinished and made into a radio.  Probably worth less than the sum of its parts
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

I do like those hex nuts on the bells though!!!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AE_Collector

Looking at the first picture it has become obvious that it is a left handed crank phone with the handset on the right and a roof over the whole thing in case of rain.

Terry