News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Touch-A-Matic 1200

Started by Babybearjs, February 13, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I came across a touch-a-matic 1200 on Ebay a few months back and finally dug out the RJ-11 line cords to it. cut off one end of the cords and spaded the end. opened up my 2564 and interfaced the cords into the phone. unit works good. Does anyone have any directory sheets for this unit? I could use some extras for later. if anyone needs to know how I interfaced the dialer... just ask....
John

Greg G.

I'm curious to know what it is,  pictures?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Babybearjs

here is what it looks like. these were very popular back in the 80's.
John

andre_janew

I never knew they had such a thing. 

Babybearjs

autodialers were quite, and are quite useful even now.... finding them is another thing.... this was one of the smallest units available at the time... W.E. made them up to 32 numbers long (if that's right) Mine only is a 12 number memory, I has a 32 number autodialer, but the memory chip on it was bad and I had to scrap it. ATC made a 32 number auto dialer in both pulse and touch tone versions. I had one once but the battery was bad in it and it had to have a external power supply. this one runs on a 9 volt battery so it is easy to take care of... the larger units had a special battery that has to be rebuilt.  these come in real handy for those who can't remember phone numbers.... but.... thanks to cell Phones.... this technology is considered antiquated....
John

Jim Stettler

If you take this phone and attach the touch a matic to the side it creates a touchamatic S.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2346.msg31192#msg31192
Jim S.

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.